Thursday, December 6, 2007

Train Tracks Are Gone....

Yesterday, my Rosie-girl had her braces removed. It has been almost 3 years since we started this song and dance waltz......
and 1 and 2 and brush again
and 1 and 2 and six week tightening
and 1 and 2 and nothing to eat that is sticky, gummy, or hard
and 1 and 2 and sore jaws
and 1 and 2 and rubberbands pop
and 1 and 2 and.....anyone who has had braces can fill in the blanks with all kinds of bothers.

Well they are now gone and she is so excited! She is blinding everyone with her smile.

Now Pippin will have to find a different way to lovingly torture her sister. She can't play the name calling game anymore. Names like.... train track face, metal mouth, brace face, reflecto head, radio head...or say things like, "Come over here so I can practice throwing my magnet darts." or "I need to hot-wire the radio, give me a smile would you?"

Yes, Rosie is super-uber pleased.

2 comments:

  1. I was born with a cleft lip and as an added bonus my teeth were a mess. I had braces for six...that's no typo...six years. Uggggghh. I was so happy the day they went away.

    I'm doing a happy dance for Rosie right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh that is awful. I can't imagine 6 years. Thanks for being happy.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from other. Your opinions and viewpoints are always a blessing and encourage other readers as well.