Sunday, November 8, 2009

The MP3 Player....

The past week here has been rain and shades of grey constantly. I was most acutely aware of it one morning while driving Puddin' to school. Though it was only 8:30 in the morning the grey canopy of sky was deep. It was the kind of dark that makes one want to hide under blankets and ignore the world. Despite the heaviness that those clouds warned of, the light of the sun seemed to burn right through and find victory in creating patches here and there of liquid gold.

As I was driving, I smiled. I smiled because the sky around me very much reflected what has been going on in my heart. In the midst of groceries, laundry, youth events, and social engagements....my dad is always on my mind. I feel that heavy burden of what if trying to creep in and grip me. And yet, I also feel that liquid gold coursing through the fibers of my being. God whispering the truths that I must pay attention to.

It is your job to pray........it is My job to perform My will.
It is your job to trust........it is My job to work all things together for My good.
Don't listen to the world child........listen to Me and rest in My abiding protection.

It is a good feeling.
Thank you God for your guidance and grace.


The doctors have found a second mass on my dad's left kidney. While they are 99% certain that it is of a different cellular structure than what is in his esophagus, they will be performing a biopsy on Friday to determine for certain and plan from there.

My plans are to go and be with him for a bit of time when he begins the chemo and radiation treatments. While I don't have travel dates just yet, I have been thinking here and there in my mind of what to pack, what to buy, and what to arrange.

God and I have been talking back and forth about what kinds of things I will be experiencing on the trip. While Dad is sounding positive, I know there will be times of needing encouragement. He will be having treatments 5 days a week and that is taxing to the hardiest of statures. My step-mom had died a couple of years ago from cancer and so I know in some way that must be looming over Dad and my step-siblings. Most importantly I feel that this will be a time of showing Dad more and more of God's grace, mercy and love.

With all of the preparations, I told God that I would really love to have my own source of reminders around me. How wonderful it would be to take my encouraging music and audios to help me keep my eyes on truth. The only problem was that I cannot afford to go buy an mp3 player.

As soon as I woke up Friday morning, God placed a thought in my head.
"You need to place and ad on Craig's List for an mp3 player."
Hmmm...that was interesting. I fiddle footed around a bit and then did what I was told. I placed an ad in the Wanted section stating the facts as basic as I could. This is me, this is what I need and why I need it. I held back nothing and expressed very definitely that I wanted it so that I could keep Godly encouragement flowing through my mind in the midst of taking care of my dad. Then I asked simply for favor in being thought of, that if someone had an extra player laying around and not in use could they consider my situation.

That same day I heard from a young man who had acquired a player from his friend and had logged online to see if it was worth selling. In the midst of looking at prices he found my ad and wanted to bless me. His one request was if there was a way I could possibly prove my story. I wrote back that it was a reasonable request but I wasn't sure how to prove anything. I don't have tickets yet.........
I decided to send him here to by blog and assured him that he was free to look around anywhere and learn my character.

Goodness if you could have seen me jump up and down when he wrote back that he was pleased and thrilled to be able to help me in this way. He apologized for the size and condition of the player he was offering. 'It is only a 4 gig and has a couple of scratches on it' he wrote. Again I jumped......that was the size I had hoped for.

It turns out we have some common ground. He works in the next town over in his church as a children's teacher. Amazing!
I drove over there this afternoon and met with him. He was so sweet as he explained to me how to use the device and what each of there features are for.
And it is beautiful! I mean, it truly isn't important what it looks like. But it is so sleek and stylish. I feel like it is just another God kiss, a perk.

God is so amazing. He could have made a player materialise in my hands. He could have had me win some sort of drawing. He could have done a million different things. But He chose to orchestrate things in a way that blessings could multiply.

I am blessed to have what I desired.
I get to share what God did over and over again.
That young man must surely feel blessed to be a part of helping someone in need.
I can only imagine that here and there my dad and I may come to his mind and he will pray.
I wonder about the joy he must share with his friends in telling why he stepped out of class to meet with me.
It is an amazing cascade affect.



Thank you God for caring even about the seemingly trivial things on my heart.
Thank you for delighting in making me smile.



5 comments:

  1. What a great faith story to share ... I am so pleased for you, that the lord answered your prayer in just that way, Jules. May God be with you as you travel and stay and journey with your Dad at this time. It is very good to ahve encouragement, while you do so. I know>

    Thanks for your visit Jules. The link to the blog you were after was

    http://www.mycharmingkids.net/

    I hope that works. It has been an ongoing story for this little boy who was diagnosed and treated for SVT in his mothers womb (the drugs she had to take at that time to control his svt were so strong they made her very ill). He was born well, but keeps lapsing back into svt...and is now in Boston having an emergency ablation today, Monday 9th Nov. Such a dear little boy, just one year old, and such a lovely Christian Mum (with 4 kids under 4), and christian family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jules, minor miracles happen in our lives everyday...you have accomplished two...first you have your music and second you have a new friend. What could possibly be more proof than that? I am a walking around person because of my belief that God blesses and when the time is right AND NOT BEFORE, I will get my ticket home...so here's the deal Jules...my prayer for your Dad today is...Heavenly Father...give this son of yours your eternal blessing... provide him the smiles to get through the ordeal that stresses not only him but his family...give him the warm comfort to call a halt to the nausea that may plague him...remind him of your love, Father, in all you do...they will be done...
    warm comforting hugs to you Jules...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jules,
    I saw your comment on mkate's blog and realized that you are back blogging! Oh good!

    I am sorry about the news from your dad. Having lost my mother and mil to cancer, I do understand. Praying for your family...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi JULES. Psalm 61 (New International Version)

    Psalm 61
    For the director of music. With stringed instruments. Of David.
    1 Hear my cry, O God;
    listen to my prayer.
    2 From the ends of the earth I call to you,
    I call as my heart grows faint;
    lead me to the rock that is higher than I.

    3 For you have been my refuge,
    a strong tower against the foe.

    4 I long to dwell in your tent forever
    and take refuge in the shelter of your wings.
    Selah

    5 For you have heard my vows, O God;
    you have given me the heritage of those who fear your name.

    6 Increase the days of the king's life,
    his years for many generations.

    7 May he be enthroned in God's presence forever;
    appoint your love and faithfulness to protect him.

    8 Then will I ever sing praise to your name
    and fulfill my vows day after day.
    GOD WILL MEET YOUR NEEDS AND MORE WILL BE PRAYING> ALAN>

    ReplyDelete
  5. See the care that a post from Jules about real life, the reality of life, pulls in.

    The love is there, we are all lucky to share it, to give and receive it, A power and loving care from above generously helps us all.

    And then the Mickle's in NZ get to add their love and care too.

    To Jules and her incredible, darling and very much loved family,

    care, love, concern and many, many huggles,

    Michelle/Mickle xxx ooo xxx

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from other. Your opinions and viewpoints are always a blessing and encourage other readers as well.