Monday, June 4, 2007

It's Part of the Job....

I just had a phone conversation with one of my staff. I found it to be one of those conversations that make me smile and giggle in irony. It went like this:

Him: "Hey I just wanted to make sure that my wife and I didn't miss out on the special game day that you would like for us to teach. Is that day coming up anytime soon and will you be communicating with us so we don't miss it?"

Me: "Yes I was actually just formulating your lesson plan and getting ready to call you. Don't worry, you didn't miss out on teaching. Remember those papers I gave to you during our training night? Well they had all the dates you would be teaching listed for the whole year. That way you could put them on your calendar and know what is coming up. Would you like for me to email you that date list?"

Him: "Yeah, I remember those papers but I lost them. Actually I am really bad about checking my email. Do you think it would be possible for you to print it up and physically hand it to me? That would work out best for me."


Did you catch the cute irony there?
Of course I will re-print those papers and and never mention it. That is all part of grace. I am quite sure I have made people gigle too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from other. Your opinions and viewpoints are always a blessing and encourage other readers as well.