Saturday, August 4, 2007

DELTA FORCE RECON.....

I have started and re-started this posting 5 times and keep scratching it out. Everything I am typing on this subject seems arrogant. So here I am to just say this....

I may be totally biased but I just have to say......

My girls and their friends are SO wonderful!
My house has been full these past 24 hours with 6 giggling teens ranging from ages 14-16 years. They are all beautiful and good natured, creative and ingenious, AND they spend their time NOT absorbed in issues of make-up, fashion, malls, and boys!
After they ate banana pancakes and scrabbled eggs this morning, they donned war paint and loaded their ammo pouches for a day of imaginary recon missions on the butte.

Here is the clincher.......
their guns are pvc pipe and their ammo......mini marshmallows.
It just doesn't get any more fun that this.

3 comments:

  1. Man! If only we had pvc-pipe guns for shooting mini marshmellows instead!

    Somehow things would be simpler. Sticky for sure, yet more simple.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, I have to admit though, when I was watching them play, I thought wouldn't it be fun to have a lighter at the end of the tube so that the marshmellows are a bit sticky and gooey as they hit their target?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing are you for having 6 giggling teens in your home at one time. Amazing are our girls who I wish I could have grown up with when I was a child.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from other. Your opinions and viewpoints are always a blessing and encourage other readers as well.