Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Your Choice?....

As we were driving in the countryside today, we saw a sign posted by the road that begged to be read. Simply, it said......

Asphalt or Apples?

As my brain was running sluggish, it took me a few minutes to figure out what the motive would be of such a sign. For the longest time, all I could picture was an elderly couple in their Ford Taurus carrying on this conversation.....

him: "Well Mother, what'll it be today? I could sure use a fresh pie after supper tonight to set on my plate with the churned ice cream on the back porch."

her: "Now Daddy, you know that last barrel of apples we bought had soft spots the size of Kansas. Ain't you gonna be needing some of that there asphalt pretty soon for the pothole by the barn?"

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from other. Your opinions and viewpoints are always a blessing and encourage other readers as well.