Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Laugh And The World Laughs With You.....

I have to laugh at myself. You know, it is mentally healthy to be able to laugh at one's self. I do it often. But why now? The answer to that question would be because of the see-saw thought process going on in my head like kids on the playground structure that won't stop.

See, I created a project/program/field (whatever you want to call it) a while back. Anyone who knows me, can vouch for the fact that I get my hands wrapped up in all kinds of stuff....even when it is not my responsibility. This was one of those times. I saw a situation and saw that it needed to be taken care of....so I created. I made guidelines and recruited. I shaped and researched. Then I delegated the whole basket to someone else as God was talking to me about those boundaries that get so fuzzy for me.

Recently though, I noticed that those guidelines and expectations I created (said in a scoffing tone directed at myself) have gotten a little askew. I find myself wondering if I should do anything about it. (Now wait a minute.....give me a break and let me finish explaining before you roll on the floor in laughter and point your finger in mock at the cyber image of me on your screen.)

I am torn because on the one hand, those guidelines were created with a huge purpose in peoples' safety. On the other hand, if the current head person wants to change things, that is their right and prerogative. But what if they either didn't realize the purpose of that guideline or aren't aware that all are not following it? Isn't that what administrator heads and friends do?.....help each other out? What is at the root of my motive?.....helpfulness or control? Ack! Not that word! I work so hard to run and hide in denial of that word!
Is it wrong to say anything or not say anything? If it doesn't get fixed, is it really a big deal? And if it is a big deal...to who or whom is it a big deal?.....the program or me.

See, I laugh and I drive myself crazy.......
Admitting it is at least a step.

2 comments:

  1. Just came by to say hi. Haven't seen you post lately so I hope all is well with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeff, thank you for stopping by, noticing, and sending well wiahes this way. I didn't realize it has been a week since I slowed myself down to write.
    It got me to thinking....giggle giggle....here I go........

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from other. Your opinions and viewpoints are always a blessing and encourage other readers as well.