Inquiring minds have now struck again but this time it is more fun.
I have been tagged by Kitem from A Garden in France. I stumbled upon Kitem's site one day last fall when I had first started taking a french class at the college. Right away her sweetness grabbed a hold of me and I have really been enjoying building a friendship with her ever since.
The Rules of the Tag Game:
1. Link to your tagger and post these rules on your blog.
2. Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog, some random, some weird.
3. Tag 7 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs.
4. Let them know they are tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
These are always so hard for me. Why? Well I think because I tend to live in the "now" thought pattern and it makes me broaden my frame of mind. It is stretching but it is a good thing.
So, here are 7 things that I can think of that are me.......
1) I have immigration and naturalization papers because I was born in Tatchikawa, Japan. They are kept in a safe place with all of our other documents. My husband used this fact at a couples get together once several years ago to win a "get to know you" game. The setting of the game was for everyone to write a little known fact down about their spouse and then we had to all go around and match facts to people. No one thought to ask the fair skinned red head if she was born in Japan.
2) God makes everyone a unique and original piece of work. Some of my unique traits are that I have needed a couple of surgeries on my eye muscles so that they would line up correctly and not wander in different directions. My last surgery was about 6 years ago and it helped immensely in getting rid of the charlie horse feeling that was happening behind my eyes. I see out of both eyes but my brain doesn't register the images as a set. Instead I only pay attention to one image and ignore the other unless I close one eye.
Even more intriguing is the fact that I essentially have 2 left lungs. It always makes the doctors look at me very strange but it is true. See, the left lung has two lobes to leave room for the heart muscle and do the extra work needed on that side while the right lung has 3 lobe chambers. My right lung only has 2 chambers and my (I think left pulmonary artery) is in the wrong spot. Neither issue bugs me today. When I was a kid doing school P.E. class, I often felt the symptom pains of asthma but I never complained because I didn't know I wasn't supposed to feel that way.
3) When I was between the ages of 7-13 years old, my bedroom on Jefferson Street in Texas had hot pink shag carpet that was wall to wall. No we didn't make it that way. That is just how we bought the house. And yes, living that long in Texas did cause me to develop a southern accent. It only took me two weeks to lose it here in the northwest though because my cousins would burst into fits of laughter every time I entered a room and said "Hey ya'll". Of course, all I have to do is 'think' of my accent and it comes right back.
6) I am scared of heights. Even the simulator rides at Disneyland make my stomach jump and my head spin. Because of this, I push myself and make myself do things that make me uncomfortable. I refuse to let it best me. Of course, as I casually look over the edge of something and feel proud of myself, my protective husband usually grabs me and exclaims with fright, "What are you doing? You know you are scared of heights!"