Friday, August 27, 2010

By Special Request...

Years ago a dear friend taught me that if you half the amount of brown sugar in any cookie recipe and then add that same amount of flour extra to the dough it promises to make fluffier cookies without losing any of the sugary sweetness. Following that rule of thumb along with my own tweaking over the years has caused this recipe to be my personal favorite and what I feel to be..... the perfect creation.

Chocolate Chip Toffee Cookies

Blend together:
1 cup melted butter
3/4 cup of sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 eggs

Mix with:
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
3 cups flour

Then add:
1 12oz bag mini chocolate chips
1 12 oz bag toffee pieces or approx. 6 broken up toffee candy bars

Drop by small spoonfuls onto a cookie sheet (at home I use a flat stoneware) and bake 375 degrees for 10-12 minutes until the tops and edges begin to turn golden brown. Let them cool for just a few minutes before moving them to a cooking rack.

Enjoy and praise God for the joys of sweet gooey chocolate and buttery warm toffee.



4 comments:

  1. I love recipes, and wonder if I could use Splenda in this..well, I guess I'll just have to try it and see. I'll let you know
    So glad to be back after such a lengthy stay in the real world and find you here and waiting for me!
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum!!! Thinking of you and praying for you daily!! Love you much!! Janine XO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmmm. These look simple, maybe even I can make them! Will give them a try. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just checking in on you!!! Love you! Janine XO

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from other. Your opinions and viewpoints are always a blessing and encourage other readers as well.