Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Matthew 7:7

"You aren't going to believe what just happened. Come outside and help me with the boxes in my car."
That was the call on my cell phone as we were kicking off our mid-week youth service. I grabbed my coat and ran outside to find 2 giant boxes in her car that needed to be carried in. A huge NW sporting goods store that makes quality (and dare I say a little spendy) clothing, donated these boxes to our youth group.

As we went through the boxes, we found brand new vests, snow pants, wind breakers, and thick winter coats. We laid them out on the benches according to size and gender. Then I brought out the youth, one by one, to see if there was anything they could use.

Over and over again I heard things like,
"Are you serious?!"
"Really...I can have and keep these pants?"
"Oh my gosh! I was praying that some how I could get clothes for the snow trip. Now I can go!"
"Wow God really answered my prayer!"
"Cool now I can give these to my friend and she can go too!"

See, this weekend we are planning a day trip with the youth group up to the mountain for some snow play. It is going to be a load of fun. Most have been excited in anticipation. But a few have been down because where we all reside in the valley, it is not a need to have snow gear. Families can't just go out and buy all that stuff for one day of play.
Now everyone is taken care of and there are still a couple of items left over that I can take over to the shelter.

It was so fun to be part of the blessing. Seeing their smiles and their eyes sparkle blessed me.

3 comments:

  1. We serve an awesome God!

    Thanks for sharring this post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful experience to be a part of, and a reminder of just how lucky we are that we have the things around us that we need.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks God, you must have been very happy, it was a great day. Hope your trip to the snow will be successfull.
    that's nice to have a youth group.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from other. Your opinions and viewpoints are always a blessing and encourage other readers as well.