Friday, July 25, 2008

Under a Gazeebo of Trees....


Before I head of to bed this evening, I have to tell about my wonderful night. My dear friend who works as the assistant in the foundations department at the college here asked me if I would like to attend a benefit concert tonight. Held in the gardens of the Riverview Restaurant on the Sandy River, 50 people mingled with wine and hordourves as we listened to the amazing talent of Aaron Meyer. The garden was filled with lilies, roses, and grand trees. The river rolled by and the birds sang. Yet I barely paid attention to the nature of things around me. It was so amazing to me. At times I forgot to eat and had tears filling my eyes because of the beauty that he created with his violin.

7 comments:

  1. Treasured moments. I hope the tranquility helps you sleep peacefully and wake feeling blessed and excited to be alive tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, this sounds wonderful... and something to remember...

    ReplyDelete
  3. bravo bravo more more.go's so fast.glad you had a good night.

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a lovely way to treat your senses and replenish music to your soul...I love violin music, I will check out the link you provided ~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Quilly...actually silly me slept horridly. This is a big youth event weekend and I dreamed dreams of everything going wrong. But listening to Mr. Meyer was a welcomed break from al lthe planning.

    Polona...If you are interested, you can find a good handful of his performances on youtube.com. I am so grateful I got to attend. I actually called his office this morning to ask for an address where I could mail a thank you and he answered. I was able to tell him in 'person' what the evening meant to me.

    Alan...the evening did go quickly ut he gave it his all. I could tell by the 7th song his fingers were getting sore. What a blessing it all was.

    Joni...like I told Polona, you can see soome of his performances on youtube. Here is a silly secret, I played violin in elementary school and then gave it up out of awkward fear when I started junior high. I never ever picked it back up but I sure was moved watching him play.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful night. You're not likely to forget it.

    And can I just say that he's beautiful, too? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jennifer...my goodness yes he is handsome. I completely love the long hair look on him. He has a nice smile and mild personality too...at least what I saw. And he is happily married.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from other. Your opinions and viewpoints are always a blessing and encourage other readers as well.