Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Day 2 of Normal Living ......

This is Kekoa playing with a Nylabone. Isn't he the fearsome hunter? I find myself buying more toys every day for him....partly because he is in such a teething mode and partly because I just want to spoil him rotten.

Am I driving you nuts yet with talking about my little guy? I have to laugh at myself because I know I have gone off the deep end. I am so in love already. He has fun playing with hubby and the girls. But when he realizes I am not in the room he will stop playing to go look for me and then jump up and down in scattered puppy excitement when his mission succeeds. I don't really mind getting up with him in the middle of the night for a potty run either because he hugs my face and kisses me like I was lost for a long time.

Potty training is going well I think. We have had just a few piddle accidents. I praise him like crazy when we succeed. Everything I have read says that Westies are so smart that if the owner is diligent....even a 9 week old baby can learn the ropes of house training in a week or so. I do hope that is true.

The vet visit went well. He is a whopping 5.4 pounds right now and half way through getting all of his shots. I will be so glad for that last round of shots. Then we can go for walks without worrying about catching bad sick germs.

Okay my time is up for now. The "baby" needs me.

Blessings to you!

8 comments:

  1. I love seeing the little lad so enjoying life with you. I hope he has a life time of toys and playing.

    My rescued cat loves his toys (and understands these are his, and his alone). Now Zebby is guesstimated to be eleven, and playing keeps him active.

    okay, not so hot when he does the "whack Mickle in the face to see is she's awake" at 3 in the morning. Then again once I fall back to sleep.

    hope Jules and Kekoa have a very happy Wednesday coz ours' was great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me again, Zeb and Mickle mutually adopted each other three years ago. A great match as we are both and each daft, affectionate and despite minor strops, we love each other.

    Or is it that no one else would put up with us? LOL, sending care

    Mickle and Zebbycat

    ReplyDelete
  3. Soooooooooooo cute, who needs TV?

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know what "they say
    If you spoil them it's okay!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow what a dog My grandson's would love to have a Westie but can't have a pet because they don't know where God will send the family.shall show them when they come over this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay - as your voice of reason friend - yes, we've lost you... You've leeped off the deep end with this cute little guy :) I can't wait to come over and meet him tomorrow. I'm so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's okay. I'm all gay about my dogs, too. I take pictures and videos all the time. They are my babies.

    Kekoa is funny! How could you not be in love? I showed everyone in the house this video, so who's the nut case?

    Peace - D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jules thanks for calling my car cute.if you would like to know more take a look at this site.http://www.micro-car.co.uk/themc1car.htm the car is just the right size for King Kekoa.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from other. Your opinions and viewpoints are always a blessing and encourage other readers as well.